Have you ever dreamed about taking a break from the hustle and bustle of living in the city to experience life on the road? It may seem like a daunting process to turn your dreams into a reality, but with Get-Away RV it doesn’t have to be! With lifestyle choices like downsizing, minimalism, and small home living all growing in popularity, now is the perfect time to hit the open road and experience the van lifestyle. Here at our Abbotsford dealership, we have the experienced staff, wide selection of parts, and detailed plans to help convert just about any van into a mobile living space.
Once you’ve made the exciting decision to begin the renovation process, you’ll need to decide whether you want to modify an existing vehicle that you already own, or buy something new for the project. Just about any vehicle can be converted to deliver a comfortable mobile living experience, including minivans, cargo vans, school busses, auto haulers, and much more. Converting a used van is a great way to breathe new life into something old and repurpose it for many more years of adventuring. The idea of consuming less, leaving a smaller footprint on the earth, and reusing what we already have is often a major consideration for folks who are about to adopt the mobile home lifestyle. But purchasing a new van that you are confident will suit your needs is perfectly wonderful as well! Unsure about whether your particular vehicle will work? Contact us today so that we can show you how doable your project can be!
At Get-Away RV Centre, we have over 30 years of experience with custom conversion projects. We will walk you through every detail throughout the process, from giving you the tools needed to take on some of the renovations yourself, to helping with any of the more complicated modifications. Some things you will need to consider to transform your van into a livable mobile space include:
• Planning, planning, and more planning. Did we mention planning? We highly recommend an air-tight plan before starting on your van conversion project!
• Installing cabinets, dining space and storage solutions efficiently.
• Building materials and sealants that can withstand West Coast weather.
• Galley and cooking space configurations, complete with the necessary power, heating and water hookups.
• Essential appliances - coffee maker, anyone!?
• Durable, easy-to-clean and insulated flooring options.
• Sleeping quarters - there are so many options!
• Raised roofs to allow for more standing room, particularly for taller folks. Van tops also often come with options for window placement. Nothing quite says “van life” like sleeping under the stars.
• Solar charging systems and electrical power systems for your van.
• Water systems for sinks, tanks, pumps and toilets. There is also a wide variety of options for external shower systems.
• Window treatments and vents for adequate insulation and ventilation.
• Winterization necessities that will help ensure you can enjoy the van lifestyle in British Columbia 365 days a year.
• Awnings, ladders and screens.
• Accessories like cookware, bedding, camping supplies, biodegradable toilet paper and much more!
It can be tempting to simply do a few online searches and start tackling your van conversion yourself; but renovating such a small space into something comfortable and livable on the road is harder than it looks on Pinterest! You don’t want to overlook an important element of your renovation and end up stranded, unhappy, with unexpected repairs, or even in an unsafe situation. That’s why the professionals at Get-Away RV are here to support you every step of the way.
We’ve been helping clients from all over British Columbia and Alberta live out their hippie-van dreams for decades, as the top RV Centre for van conversions in Western Canada. Fill out one of our custom contact forms or drop by our Abbotsford dealership to get started on your van conversion today!